Saturday, November 6, 2010

One of These Days

Summer
''One Of These Days'' by Aurelio Escovar is about a poor dentist who don't have a degree. One day he was polishing a false teeth and his eleven year old boy told him that the mayor was waiting for him to take out his tooth.The dentist dont't wasnted to help him but the mayor threatened to the dentist. So the dentist help him. Aurelio Escovar took the teeth without anesthesia because the mayor had an abscess but the reality is that the dentist wanted a revenge. He said "Now you"ll pay for our twenty dead men." When the dentist finished the mayor said to send him the bill.

Part I like
The part that I liked is where the mayor said to the dentist if he don't come to take his teeth he will shoot him. I liked this part because is the part that it takes more in suspense the story and more interesting. I felt to be inside the story and be part as a witness.

Part I found confusing
I didn't found a confusing part. I found the story very clearly and interesting.

Questions:
1-Why the dentist don't have a degree?
2-Why the mayor have to pay for the twnty dead men?

My interpretation
Gabriel Garcia Marquez tried to said that some honest an poor people are good than a great mayor that is corrupt and bad people.Aurelio Escovar was without a degree and poor but honest and with good feelings in the other hand the mayor have an education and rich but the was corrupt and because of huim twenty people die.

No comments:

Post a Comment