Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Lottery

The story "The Lottery" is about a ritual that takes place in a small town village.  This town had like 300 people who live there. All years they have to play a ritual.This is the time of summer on June 27th. They have to slip papers with the same amount of people in a black box. Everyone have to taker one paper and even the children.The person who had the black spot is the winner. All people then have to collect stones. The person who is the winner have to die.

The part that I like is when everyone is scare and want to know who is the winner. For me that part is very suspense. It makes me feel that I m in the story too. In one moment I feel that I was inside of the story.


1. Why this tradition start?
2. Why Mrs. Hutchinson was very scold?

My interpretation of this story is that thisd story is for time of halloween or when you want to read some scare stories.Also my interpretation is that people have afraid to change cultures or traditions that are bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment